Our customer is a global manufacturer of colours for textiles, papers and paints in the speciality chemicals industry. In the three business areas of textile colours, paper solutions and emulsions, Archroma attends to the specific and individual needs of customers in their local markets.
WebGate succeeded in migrating the entire order management system and the related infrastructure from the previous provider to a private cloud in a data centre of IBM SoftLayer in a very short project time.
The migration tasks included in particular:
- Analysis of the customer-specific, highly complex order system for the ordering of colours as well as the IT infrastructure based on IBM Notes, Tomcat web application server, SQL databases and SAP data integration
- Code review and refactoring of earlier software components, hard-coded names, email addresses and URL
- Migration of a dozen servers to a newly built private cloud in the IBM SoftLayer data centre in Amsterdam as well as the network connection of 90 connected production and distribution locations around the globe
- Integration of SAP, MS SQL and FTP customer connections
- Extensive engineering of an IBM Notes Client software package and its roll-out as well as a powerful client management feature
- Provision of an operating team for the operation, monitoring and support of this private cloud
WebGate was able to hand over the system for production operations within an extremely tight window of just eight weeks from project start. The customer praised WebGate for the “excellent quality, driven by successful and agile project management.”